Lake Kivu is the largest lake in Africa that does not have any hippos or crocodiles, making it one of the best places to swim in safety as well as enjoying a wide variety of water-based activities. Lake Kivu has many islands with one of the largest being Nyamirundi Island which is home to a large coffee plantation. The mountain biking and hiking trails around Lake Kivu are not as long in distance nor duration but take you through vibrant local communities and along the beautiful shores of the lake making for great alternative ways to explore the area.
- Arrival at Kigali International Airport
- Meet and greet with your tour guide/driver and depart for Lake Kivu
- Stopover at the King's Palace Museum in Nyanza to learn about Rwanda's monarchy and cultural heritage
- Continue to Lake Kivu and check-in at your hotel or lodge
- Enjoy the scenic views of the lake and surrounding hills