Lake Manyara National Park
Monduli District, Arusha Region, Tanzania
Lake Manyara provides Africa’s largest concentration of elephants. Apart from the giant Elephants, the park offers an opportunity to spot the adorable Kirk’s dik-dik, mongooses, hippos, buffaloes, antelopes, gazelles, and large troupes of baboons.
A small forest featuring fig and mahogany trees are near the entrance to the park. Baobab trees are also found within the park boundaries. Streams that feed into the lake are covered with sycamore fig, forest toad-tree, Acacia, and the palm Phoenix.
- Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Meet your guide and transfer to Lake Manyara National Park, a journey of about 2-3 hours
- Arrive at your lodge or camp inside the park and check in
- Have lunch at the lodge or camp
- Take a game drive in the park, exploring the diverse landscapes and looking for wildlife such as elephants, buffalos, hippos, and various bird species